Pray for Houston
Join KSBJ in praying for our friends and neighbors here in Houston and the surrounding areas who’ve been affected by recent severe weather. If you need prayer, submit your prayer request and we’ll be praying for you!
Where You Can Volunteer or Donate
Several organizations throughout the area are requesting volunteers and resources to assist with flood recovery efforts. Please find links below to volunteer opportunities and to learn more ways you can get involved.
To serve with the Salvation Army click here for more information on how to register as a volunteer. To donate monetary gifts click here.
Additionally, four sites have been designated as donation collection sites in the Houston area. Only non-perishable food items, new towels and blankets, hygiene items, diapers, baby wipes and water are being accepted:
- Bee Busy Wellness Center: 8785 W. Bellfort, Houston TX 77031 (Mon – Fri 8:30AM – 7:30PM, Sat 8:30AM – 2:30PM)
- Loving Word Fellowship: 170 Rittenhouse, Houston, TX 77076 (Mon – Sat 8:00AM - 6PM)
- LAMIK: 2610 Greenbriar Dr., Houston, TX 77098 (Tues – Sat 10:00AM – 7:00PM)
- Community of Faith: 1024 Pinemont Dr., Houston, TX 77091 (Mon – Sat 8:00AM – 6:00PM)
Volunteers will work Mondays – Saturdays and some Sunday afternoons, beginning Friday, April 22. Teams will meet, receive orientation, and deploy daily with equipment out of Woodlands Church where Samaritan’s Purse has set up their Disaster Relief Mobile Unit. Please call the site at 936-230-0888 for more information about serving as a day volunteer or visit their website here.
INTERFAITH OF THE WOODLANDS
Interfaith of The Woodlands is a non-profit social service agency providing numerous programs and services to meet the needs of the community. They are accepting donations for flood relief efforts Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm at Interfaith Central. Please see the list of accepted items here or visit their website for more information.
THE WATERS CHURCH - KATY, TX
The Waters Church, located at 2710 N Mason Rd, Katy, TX 77449, is also assisting in recovery efforts. Volunteers and donations are needed. Please contact Sue Hetrick at email@example.com or call (832-628-4902) for more information.
NORTHWEST ASSISTANCE MINISTRIES
Donations and volunteers are needed. Please visit the website here for more information on how to help.
Team Rubicon is the only nonprofit organization utilizing the skills and experiences of military veterans for disaster response, and our team is currently serving those affected by flooding in the Houston area at no cost to homeowners. Team Rubicon is currently stationed in the Home Depot parking lot at 21530 Sh 249 in Houston and dozens of our volunteer members are jumping at the opportunity to serve their community after taking off the uniform. By conducting damage assessments, removing debris, mucking out flood-stricken homes, and leading local volunteers, we strive to help residents begin the rebuilding process as quickly as possible. If you are interested in learning more or joining the team please call 608.220.5651 or sign up here.
ADDITIONAL ORGANIZATIONS NEEDING VOLUNTEERS
Information & Assistance
- Did you experience flooding in your home or business in the Houston area? To report flooding in your neighborhood, the needs of your family, or to receive up-to-date emergency information, please call 311 or click here. If you live outside of the Houston area, click to find a listing of your local emergency management.
- If your car was towed in the Houston area due to flooding, click here for more information on where you can find your vehicle.
- THE AMERICAN RED CROSS: The Red Cross is working with local residents with flood damage who may qualify for additional help. Anyone impacted by the flood can meet with a Red Cross caseworker and register their household by calling 866-526-8300 – option 1.
- CONVOY OF HOPE: If you, or someone you know, has suffered from the flooding and are in need of assistance with removal of drywall, insulation, flooring or wet/damaged belongings please contact Convoy of Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (281-757-3113).
- SAMARITAN’S PURSE: If you, or someone you know, is in need of assistance in clean up, temporary roof repair, debris removal, “mud out” (drywall, flooring, carpet, etc), or mold remediation, please contact the Samaritan’s Purse hotline at 936-230-0888.
- NORTHWEST ASSISTANCE MINISTRIES: Available resources include distribution of emergency food and water, clothing, cleaning supplies, diapers and blankets; assistance with basic needs; legal information; home repairs and clean-up for elderly and disabled residents; and referrals for other services. Click here for more information.
- CROSSBRIDGE CHRISTIAN CHURCH: Crossbridge Christian Church at 15415 West Road in Copperfield is running a Disaster Recovery Center. They are open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. until May 7 except Sundays. Sunday hours are noon to 8 p.m. They have food, water, ice, cleaning supplies, toiletries, first aid, and will be glad to help with linking to other agencies. Please see their website for more information.
Educational Resources for You and Your Family
What’s the best way to respond if unexpected flooding hits your home or area? Click below to download these great educational resources for you and your loved ones.