KSBJ FAMILY REUNION ADDITIONAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Contest Description. Hope Media Group (“Sponsor”) in ministry partnership with Cornerstone Home Lending (“Underwriter”) presents the “KSBJ Family Reunion Contest 2023“ (the “Contest”). Contestants enter the KSBJ Family Reunion Contest 2023 to win the opportunity to bring your loved ones home for the holidays. Prize Winners will receive round trip air fare for themself or their designated loved ones (“Designated Traveler” or “Traveler”) to fly from any city in the Continental US to Houston, TX (IAH or HOU airports) up to the value of their prize. All travel must take place between the days of November 18, 2023– January 15, 2024. Designated Travelers must depart from a major US Airport. Sponsor will determine airline, flight itinerary, and seating in its sole discretion.
3. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, Participants in the KSBJ Contest is open to legal residents of Texas who are 18 years or older (“Contestants”). Designated Travelers must be physically located in the U.S. at the time of travel and eligible to travel in the US, including any minor children. Employees of Hope Media Group, or respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
4. Contest Period. The contest will begin Monday, October 30, 2023 at 7:00:00AM CT and end Wednesday November 22, 2023 at 11:59:59PM CT (the “Contest Period”). Contestants not located in Central Time zone must factor in time difference. Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
5. Entering the Contest. By entering this Contest, Contestants and Designated Travelers agree to these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. You may enter the Contest by Website or by Text. Maximum one (1) entry per person and per email address during the Contest Period.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Contest application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Contest eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
6. Winner Selection and Odds. Prize winners from the KSBJ Radio essay entries will be selected by a panel of Sponsor and/or Underwriter guest judges. Entries will be judged on: Story, Spirituality, Family Tradition and Financial Need on a points matrix. Prize Winners will be contacted by November 22, 2023 and announced on KSBJ Radio following acceptance of the prize. THE SELECTION OF WINNERS IS WITHIN THE ABSOLUTE, SOLE DISCRETION OF HOPE MEDIA GROUP.
7. Prize Description.
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, there will be multiple winners selected (“Winning Contestant”). One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the following up to a total estimated value limit of $5000 USD: one or more round trip economy class airfare(s) for designated Travelers flying from the major continental U.S. airport nearest winning Traveler’s home to the nearest Houston destination airport. Multiple “Second” Place Winners will receive the following up to a total estimated value limit of $2500 USD: one or more round trip economy class airfare(s) for designated Travelers flying from the major continental U.S. airport nearest winning Traveler’s home to the nearest Houston destination airport. “Second” Place Winners will be selected until the entire prize award of $10,000 prize money is awarded.
Sponsor will determine airline, flight itinerary, and seating in its sole discretion. If a Traveler cannot travel during the specified travel dates, then he or she forfeits that Travelers portion of the prize. Exact details, including seat locations, shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Prize includes round trip airfare only. All other expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize package description above, including meals, parking, ground transportation, gratuities, transportation to and from airport, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes, and all other expenses not specified above, are the sole responsibility of Winning Contestant and/or Travelers.
Prizes will be awarded based on the availability of funds, IF TOTAL AIR FARE IS LESS THAN THE LIMIT OF THE PRIZE, WINNERS UNDERSTAND THAT THE DIFFERENCE SHALL NOT BE RECEIVED, IN ANY WAY, BY THAT WINNER. WINNERS ONLY RECEIVE THE ACTUAL COST OF THE AIRFARE UP TO THE LIMITS OF THE PRIZE CATEGORY. Example: If the Grand Place Winner designates three (3) Travelers, and based on their location and travel costs, the total round trip airfare is $3000.00, the value of the Grand Prize is $3000.00 USD. The difference of $2000.00 will not be awarded be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner but will remain available to award to “Second Place Winners. If a “Second” Place Winner designates three (3) Travelers, and based on their location and travel costs, the total round trip airfare is $2000.00, the value of that Second Place Prize is $2000.00 USD. The difference of $500.00 will not be awarded to that winner but will be made available to award to additional “Second” Place Winner. “Second” Place Winners will continue to be selected until all the prize money is awarded.
Air Travel may be subject to blackout periods, and other restrictions may apply. Air Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice, as set forth in the passenger ticket contract. If in the judgment of the Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to the trip destination, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
Winning Contestants and/or Travelers are responsible for obtaining any insurance (including but not limited to, any travel or health insurance).
The ARV of the trip package may vary depending on location of major airport nearest to winner’s home, travel itinerary, and costs of air transportation at time of award. Winning Contestant will not receive the difference (if any) between actual and estimated retail value.
Winning Contestant and/or Travelers are responsible for obtaining identification documents necessary for travel. If Traveler is a child, all air travel regulations for the travel of that child must be complied with, including if necessary, being accompanied by an adult. The additional cost of the accompanying adult shall be the exclusive cost of the Participant. If Winning Participants and/or Travelers changes travel plans, they will be required to pay any flight transfer fees imposed by the airline carrier. No credit or cash will be given for any unused portion of the Prize.
The Winning Contestant and Designated Travelers acknowledges that because of the unpredictability of political and meteorological conditions or other circumstances, which may be beyond the control of Sponsor, the trip may be cancelled, postponed or shortened, with or without advance notice. No refund or compensation will be paid in the event of the cancellation or delay of the Event, or any portion thereof. Sponsor will not be liable if the Event, or any portion of it, is cancelled or delayed. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, attempt to reschedule for a future Event. Event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. The terms and conditions of the Event tickets may govern if the Event is cancelled due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace, lost, mutilated, or stolen Event tickets, vouchers, or certificates, no cash substitution shall be offered, and the Sponsor shall have no further responsibility for that portion of the prize.
BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, WINNING CONTESTANTS AND THEIR DESIGNATED TRAVELERS ACCEPT THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN ANY TRAVEL OR TRANSPORATION, SUCH RISK INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWELEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, UNDERWRITERS AND RELEASED PARTIES, DEFINED HEREIN, SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
8. Winning Contestant Notification and Acceptance. The Winning Contestants will be notified via phone call by November 22, 2023. At the time of the call, the potential prize winner will be required to provide all information requested to verify eligibility. The Winning Contestant will then have 48 hours to verify name, address and eligibility of the Designated Travelers, return the signed W-9 form and liability and publicity releases for all Contestants and/or Travelers (except where prohibited by law), to claim the prize.
Sponsor will attempt to call the winners three (3) times. No voicemail message will be left. If the potential prize winner fails to answer the calls, or is disconnected, or fails to return the required forms within 48 hours, or is otherwise found to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and the station will select the next entrant as judged. This will continue until the prizes are awarded (time permitting).
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS AND DESIGNATED TRAVELERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY THE SPONSOR, THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR IS FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
The Winning Contestant may waive the right to receive a prize. However, prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value.
The Winning Contestant is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner id required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
9. Name, Image and Likeness. Except where prohibited, all Contestant and Designated Travelers irrevocably consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and photographic or audible (voice) image or likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity, promotional or ministry purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
11. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH CONTESTANT AND DESIGNATED TRAVELER(S) AGREE TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, HOPE MEDIA GROUP, CORNERSTONE HOME LENDING AND ANY OTHER UNDERWRITERS OR MINISTRY PARTNERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST, THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AGENTS, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OR PRIVACY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
12. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, CONTESTANT AND DESIGNATED TRAVELER(S) ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND THE PRIZE(S), IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A CONTESTANT AND DESIGNATED TRAVELER’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
13. Misconduct. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a software virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, hacking or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
14. Miscellaneous. By participating in the Contest, Contestants and Travelers agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor interpreting the Rules, which are final and binding in all respects. To the extent permitted by law, participants expressly waive any right to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest or the Rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” 1722 Treble Dr. Humble, TX 77338. If you have any questions regarding the Official Rules, please mail your inquiry to Hope Media Group, Attn: Legal Dept. 1722 Treble Dr. Humble, TX 77338 800.446.5725